Monday, December 29, 2014

Special Easel Christmas Card for Someone Special

Hi,

Here is a pretty christmas card made for someone special aka 'my daughter'.  I also made a box to hold the card as the envelope I originally made couldn't manage the thickness of the card.  The card was made to go along with a gift card so it was a nice way to present it all as a little boxed gift.  The card and box took 2 nights to make which was pretty good I thought.  I used the Stampin Up Scoring Board to make the box once I figured out the dimensions.  The Scoring board is really great for making boxes.

   

The cute little girl is a Magnolia stamp and I coloured her with Copic markers.
She has clear glitz on her bonnet, which looks lovely and sparkly.  


 It is an Easel Card.
 

The lid of the box is stamped with Stampin Up stamp set 'Snowflake Soiree' in various
shades of pink and silver ink pads.
I wrapped the same ribbon I used on the front of the card around the box and added
a matching tag.  But I forgot to take a photo of it! 

  
  

I had a lot of fun making up this project.  I have several Magnolia stamps which I have hardly used.  mainly because they need colouring and I am always short of time.  But I am finding the more I use my Copics it is becoming easier, enjoyable and not so daunting.
Thanks for looking.
Happy Cre8ting, Bye for now ~ Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is very much appreciated. xox