Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Hi,
Sharing another Christmas Card that I have been working on.  This is a stamp from an Aussie supplier named Fern Gully Stamps called 'Aussie Santa'.  (I have had it for quite a few years and it looks brand new, LOL.  Obviously another item in my stash that hasn't been used since its purchase!)  Think he is a pretty apt version of Santa for here in Australia.
I used Copics to colour the image.  Still very new at Copic colouring, but I think it looks ok.  The cardstock and printed paper are Stampin Up and I used the Stampin Up Very Vanilla cardstock for colouring which I found to be as equally good as the specific card used for Copics.  I also used a snow paint marker for Santa's beard and hat which needs to be heat set once dried which makes the paint puff up. Kinda cre8tes a realistic vision of a beard and hat trim.  The clouds are sponged using a specific cloud stencil and seagulls are a separate stamp also from Fern Gully Stamps.



 I made this into what is apparently called a 'Joy' fold card, which is something a little different from the usual card style.




Didn't add too much in the way of bling as the card is intended for a male recipient.  I did however spritz with shimmer paint mixed with isocol which gives a lovely sparkle to the image and makes it somewhat festive.

Thanks for looking,
Happy Cre8ting, bye for now ~ Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is very much appreciated. xox